The Elusive Greencard


Spread the love
Most international scientists when they first arrive in the United States come on either J1 or H1B visas issued by their institutes. Those that want to continue in the United States eventually arrive at a crossroad where they must either get permanent residence status or go back to their home country. Applying for permanent residency has a large financial and emotional investment associated with it. Some are lucky- they get jobs at universities, institutes or companies who are happy to complete the application for them and pay the requisite fees.